With the advent of iOS 17, a convenient feature has been introduced that allows you to leave custom FaceTime video messages if your call goes unanswered. This feature comes in handy when you want to share a significant moment, such as news of a job promotion, a birthday celebration, or any special occasion, with friends or family. Instead of merely receiving a missed call notification, your loved ones will also receive a video message explaining the purpose of your call.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to send FaceTime video messages on your iPhone:
- Access the FaceTime App: To begin, locate and open the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Initiate a New FaceTime Call: Tap on the “New FaceTime” option within the app. Choose the contact you wish to call and press the FaceTime button to initiate the call.
- Select a Recent Contact: Alternatively, if you already have the phone number or Apple ID of the person you intend to send a FaceTime message to, and they appear in your Recent calls, simply tap on their contact information.
- Wait for “Contact Name is Unavailable”: Allow the FaceTime call to ring until you see the “Contact Name is Unavailable” screen.
- Record Your Video Message: On this screen, you will notice a “Record Video” button located at the bottom-right corner. Tap this button to begin recording your FaceTime video message.
- 5-Second Countdown Timer: A 5-second countdown timer will appear. After the timer reaches zero, you can start recording your FaceTime video message using your iPhone’s camera.
- Review and Send: After recording your message, you will have the option to review it. If you are satisfied, you can choose to send it. If you wish to make changes, select “Retake.”
- Recipient’s Experience: The recipient of your FaceTime message will receive it as a short video clip. When they open the FaceTime app, they will see your video message along with the option to save it to their Photos app.
By utilizing this feature to send FaceTime video messages, you can ensure that you never miss an opportunity to celebrate and share significant moments with your loved ones, even when they are unavailable to answer your FaceTime call. The ability to convey your feelings and emotions through video messages adds an extra layer of personal connection and engagement to your communications. So, the next time you want to cherish a moment with someone, and they don’t answer your FaceTime call, don’t hesitate to record and leave a heartfelt FaceTime video message.