Apple has recently increased the prices for its Apple One subscription bundles, leaving many users questioning if it’s still worth the investment in the fall of 2023. In this article, we will break down the changes and help you decide if Apple One is the right choice for you.
Understanding Apple One: The New Pricing Tiers
Apple One is designed to simplify your digital life by bundling multiple Apple subscriptions into one, potentially cost-effective, package. As of now, there are three tiers available: Individual, Family, and Premier. However, the recent price adjustments might impact your decision-making.
- Individual Tier: Priced at $19.95, it has gone up by $3. This tier includes Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud+ storage.
- Family Tier: Previously at $22.95, it now costs $25.95, including the same services as the Individual plan, but with 200GB of iCloud+ storage and the option for up to five family members to share.
- Premier Tier: The most comprehensive plan, previously at $32.95, has experienced a $5 increase, now standing at $37.95. It combines Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness+, Apple News+, and a generous 2TB of iCloud+ storage. Just like the Family plan, up to five people can share this Premier plan.
Table of Contents
Individual Plan: A Closer Look
The Apple One Individual Plan is designed for those who primarily consume Apple’s core services. This plan bundles Apple TV+, Apple News+, and Apple Arcade along with 50GB of iCloud+ storage for $19.95. If you were to subscribe to these services separately, it would cost you $28.96 per month, making the Individual Plan a cost-effective choice, even with the recent price increase.
Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade: Evolving Entertainment
Apple TV+ has come a long way since its debut in 2019, offering an array of original series and movies, along with live sporting events. This content expansion has significantly increased its appeal, with shows like “Ted Lasso” gaining mainstream popularity.
Apple Arcade, a platform for ad-free gaming with over 200 titles, is perfect for families. It also features “Timeless Classics” and “App Store Greats,” games that have been optimized for the Apple Arcade experience. With no in-app purchases or advertisements, it’s a great choice for both kids and adults.
Also read this: Apple Watch Series 9 Review: Elevating the Smartwatch Standard
Family Plan: Sharing the Experience
The Apple One Family Plan includes all the services offered in the Individual Plan but allows up to five family members to share them. Additionally, it offers 200GB of iCloud+ storage. If you were to pay for these services individually, it would cost $36.96 per month. Thus, the Family Plan is not only a more convenient but also a cost-effective option.
Premier Plan: Adding Extra Value
The Premier Plan takes it up a notch by including two unique services: Apple Fitness+ and Apple News+. It also provides a generous 2TB of iCloud+ storage, accommodating up to five family members. The total cost of these services, if purchased separately, would be $66.94 per month. It’s essential to evaluate the added value of Fitness+ and News+ to determine if the Premier Plan is right for you.
- Apple Fitness+: This service offers a wide range of workout routines, suitable for beginners to advanced fitness enthusiasts. It covers various activities, from High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) to yoga, making it a comprehensive fitness solution.
- Apple News+: Access hundreds of magazines, newspapers, and audio content, including publications like Time and The Wall Street Journal. With curated content and the addition of crossword puzzles in 2023, it’s a great source of news and entertainment.
Is Apple One Worth It?
With the continuous increase in subscription prices across various services, the concept of subscription fatigue has become a reality. Apple, like many others, has raised its prices, and it’s essential to weigh the value against the cost.
It’s worth noting that you are not locked into an Apple One plan, and there are no early termination fees or contracts. You can choose to pay for it when it makes sense for you, and if you find the value no longer aligns with your needs, you can always cancel.
To determine whether Apple One is worth it, consider your consumption habits. If you find that you use most of the bundled services regularly, even with the price increases, it can still provide a more cost-effective solution than subscribing to them individually. Additionally, don’t forget to explore special deals offered with the purchase of Apple hardware products and potential discounts from mobile carriers.
In conclusion, while Apple One may have experienced a price increase, it remains a convenient and potentially cost-effective option for those who frequently utilize Apple’s suite of services. To get the most out of your subscription, evaluate your specific needs and consumption patterns before making your decision.